Dylan's Superior 2017
It all started On September 7 2013...
when I first heard about Superior 100. A 103.3 point to point journey through the Minnesota back country that prides itself on being Rugged, Relentless, and Remote with ~42,000 feet of elevation change.
- 2014 I toed the starting line - I quit after ~62 miles. (Reading: Why I Run - HuffPost)
- 2015 I got the job done (Reading: Papa's Race Report - TWA Blog)
- 2016 I had a broken foot (No reading material)
- 2017 I am returning.
The truth is - I'm undertrained.... to be heading in to such an epic challenge - but I believe in two things.
- There is such a thing as positive energy in this world.
- It's hard to quit when your doing something not only for yourself - but for others.
Which brings me to this: On Friday Sept 8th 2017 I'am asking 50 of you to put on a sweet custom hat (that will be delivered right to your doorstep free of charge) and run or walk 2 miles. Take a selfie and post it on my Facebook page (you should probably friend me first - or if your one of those that doesn't do Facebook send it to somebody who does or text it to me). If the struggle gets tough - your positive miles and fun selfies might just help turn into positive miles for me.
Second off - for each person that completes the challenge i'll donate $103.30 to The Open Space Institute to help preserve the wilds that we all love.
If your willing to take part and help support me - Just fill out the form below and a sweet hat will show up on your doorstep before Sept 8th 2017 and then the rest is easy for you :)